Sunday, June 3, 2012

Our Eventful Spring:

Hey Everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've given the update! but here it is all the same :)

We went to Rexburg and had a great time visiting my sisters and Matt and I's friends and old roommates. And yes, I cut all my hair off while I was there just to try something new. I was a little scared to do it but I went ahead and did it anyways. Matt has asked me to cut his hair also. I wasn't very good but I'm getting better and he still makes me do it. I've learned he doesn't like it when I say "I'm going to try something new this time." or "oops"...hahaha

I couldn't find a good full time job in Ellensburg so at the end of March I moved to Richland with my family to work as a receptionist at the Tri-City Orthopedic Clinic. (AKA Dr. Hazel's office) It's been a lot to remember and we are very busy making appointments and getting authorizations for insurances etc. But it's been a good learning experience for me and it's helped to pay of graduate program loans as well. Matt would live in Ellensburg and go to school and be the apartment manager. He came home on Thursdays around dinner time to live in Richland with me and would go back to Ellensburg Monday mornings to go back to school. It wasn't very fun being a part so much but we are glad he is done with this year of school so we don't have to be apart! We are staying here for the summer to work. 

Living with my family has been fun and is saving us lots of money. We are grateful to them for letting us stay here.  Easter weekend was great and general conference we nice being with family also.

Matt got to go to our Friends' wedding in Georgia last weekend! Devyn and Will Geirke got married and he had so much fun being with friends and watching the sealing. I was sad I couldn't get work off and had to miss it but he was nice and took pictures for me. And thank you Frank for letting him use your frequent flier miles. He wouldn't have been able to go without them and he had a blast.

Matt was called as the Young Men's Secretary in the first few weeks we moved here. I was called a few weeks ago to the Primary teaching the 4 year old kids....It's really cool how it worked out that even though we moved away from Ellensburg, we were still called to almost the same callings we had while we were there! We try to go to the temple ever week or so. It's really brought us closer together and we love going.

We are very VERY excited to get to go to Virginia this coming Saturday for a whole week to visit the Montoya family! We're happy we will get to see Matt's brother, Grant, graduate. But that will be in our next update!

We Love you all. Have a great week!
Leisha and Matt Montoya


No comments:

Post a Comment